Jarvie Plant Achieves New ISO 45001:2018 Certification
Jarvie Plant has further demonstrated its commitment to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) by achieving ISO 45001:2018 occupational health and safety management certification.
Replacing OHSAS 18001 2007, ISO 45001:2018 is an internationally recognised standard that specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety management system that helps create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for workers, visitors and anyone affected by the organisation’s activities.
Always striving for continuous improvement in HSEQ management, Jarvie Plant Group has adopted several important enhancements to its business processes as part of its achievement of the ISO 45001 certification:
- Stronger emphasis on senior management’s active engagement in and accountability for the effectiveness of the health and safety management system.
- Enhanced focus on the needs and expectations of workers and other interested parties, as well as increased worker involvement, for example by introducing safety representatives.
- Commitment to take action to identify and address risks and opportunities that may impact (either positively or negatively) on the ability of the management system to deliver its intended results, including enhanced health and safety at the workplace.
- Strengthened focus on objectives as drivers for improvements and performance evaluation, for example Key Performance Indicators.
- Participation, consultation and participation of workers, for example via team meetings, newsletters etc.
- Improvements in communication in respect of the “mechanics” of communication, including determination of what, when and how to communicate.
- Greater engagement with procurement, including outsourced processes, and contractors.
The achievement of ISO 45001 completes the suite of HSEQ accreditations for the Jarvie Plant Group, an excellent result that demonstrates the leadership, commitment and initiative of the organisation to continue driving forward HSEQ success.