The position of Yard Labourer requires excellent manual skills and commitment to checking a product to a high standard.
Who are we?
We are a company who recognises the importance of harnessing and investing in talent. Operating for 60 years, we are a family run business that strives for excellence in everything we do from our people, to our products to our customer service. We continue to grow and remain market leaders because we have a great team helping us to succeed. If you would like to work for a company who value their staff and is dedicated to developing talent, then start your Jarvie Journey today.
Join us as a Labourer, based at our Glasgow depot and you’ll join a secure business with great benefits and opportunities to progress your career.
Being a team player is vital in this role, but you’ll also be able to work on your own. We pull together in a busy environment, and like you, we take real pride in delivering an excellent service
What part will you play in our team?
Duties would include but are not limited to;
- General yard duties
- Washing Plant
- Loading & unloading of vehicles
- Professionally and effectively checking for defects such as; checking the plant for signs of abuse, check tyres/ tracks/ rams, ensure all components have been returned.
- Record missing items
- Record meter readings, fuel levels etc.
- Ensure all damages are recorded & notified to the hire desk.
- Present collection note for customer signature & return to hire desk.
- Ensure the plant number is verified on the collection note.
- Recognise and report whether continued use of equipment could be hazardous.
Experience in using a Forklift Truck is desirable. Knowledge of Plant machinery would be an advantage but is not essential. A valid and clean driving licence is preferable.
What you get
This position comes with a competitive salary based on experience and benefits such as a pension scheme and great overtime rates.
Please submit your CV if you think you have the skills and drive to become a Labourer at Jarvie Plant – where people are and always will be our greatest asset!
As an employer we are committed to equal opportunities and promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.