Jarvie Plant has an exciting new opportunity for a proactive and experienced HR Manager to join our team, based in Grangemouth.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the HR Manager will be responsible for the management of the people function working closely with the leadership team to deliver an excellent HR service. The individual will be a key member of the Jarvie Plant management team. It is also important that you can balance business requirements with the need to treat people fairly and consistently.
- Drive employee engagement
- Support the business in developing an effective culture of learning, talent development and succession
- Develop industry-standard policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Establish efficient time & attendance management processes
- Provide support as the senior HR business partner in the organisation
- Manage a small team to provide HR services to the business.
- Provide advice to managers on employee related matters, policies and procedures.
- Offer advice and support with disciplinary and grievance investigations including attending meetings, producing letters and formal documents.
- Continually aim to up-skill managers in ensuring consistency and compliance in the handling of people related issues.
- Assist and advise directors in any change management related matters, ensuring legal compliance at all times.
- Work with key stakeholders to bring together HR and Reward strategy, Human capital strategy and business strategy.
Am I the person for this role?
- Previous experience of working with board members
- HR or related qualification or membership of CIPD
- Previous experience leading the HR function preferably within the construction/ manufacturing industry
- Experience managing a team
- A good understanding of HR policies and procedures
- A strong and up to date understanding of employment law practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills especially in Microsoft Office
- Confident and assertive
- Flexible and adaptable to change
We offer a competitive reward package including pension, bonuses, life assurance, employee discount perks and other benefits.