About Jarvie Plant:
With 60 years of trading, Jarvie Plant Group Ltd is a leading independent hire Company servicing the construction industry. Headquarters in Grangemouth and additional depots across Scotland and the North West of England, we operate through 6 divisions incorporating Plant, Handling, Access, Accommodation, Power and Commercial Vehicles. We are a family business with family values focusing on delivering excellent customer service all the time.
Reporting to the Accommodation Operations Manager and situated in Glasgow, the role of Cabin Fitter involves joinery work associated with cabins, furniture, or buildings. You will be expected to service and repair company equipment in a safe and efficient manner up to company standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Fit out, refurbish, and repair accommodation units and furniture according to drawings / standard layouts, using hand tools, power tools, saws, measuring instruments, and various equipment where trained to do so.
- To install & repair partitions, doors, door frames, panels, roofs, windows including fire door/frames, ceilings, floors, linoleum, etc. Prepare areas for colleagues as required. E.g. cutting holes, hanging sinks, etc. We have a flexible skills practice and from time to time you may be required to assist with other non-regular joinery tasks such as plumbing in sinks, painting, etc.
- To ensure that all work undertaken is completed with due regard for quality, productivity & safety.
- Carry out cabin checks including off hires. Report damages or shortages on the hire advice.
- Ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of health & Safety & company standards & policies.
- To ensure all work done & parts used are recorded e.g., check lists, chargeable jobs, job sheets.
- Attend breakdowns where necessary and perform on site repairs and Work on customers sites where necessary & follow all site rules re-signing in, reporting PPE, Safety, etc.
- Complete job sheets, picking lists, timesheets, and any other necessary paperwork.
In addition, our Company vision and values are at the core of everything we do at Jarvie Plant. Jarvie Plant offers an attractive rewards package that includes a competitive salary and a wide range of generous benefits including:
- Tailored Learning Opportunities and Learning & Development Programme
- Treat yourself with our Employee Discount Scheme
- Staff Discount
- Extra Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free On-site Parking
- Company Pension Scheme
Please submit your CV if you think you have the skills and drive to become a Joiner at Jarvie Plant – where people are and always will be our greatest asset!