Jarvie Plant is a family run business with over 60 years’ experience in the Plant Hire Industry. We supply Plant, Accommodation and Vehicle hire nationally from our network of strategically positioned depots. At Jarvie Plant we are committed to providing Safe, Reliable Equipment provided by a Team of Safety Conscious, Dependable and Responsible employees whose aim is to continually improve our products and services, delivering Best in Industry equipment & services.
Our Company vision and values are at the core of everything we do at Jarvie Plant. Jarvie Plant offers an attractive rewards package that includes a competitive salary and a wide range of generous benefits including:
- Tailored Learning Opportunities and Learning & Development Programme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Staff Discount
- Extra Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
The Service Manager is responsible for leading the activities of the Central Service Department based in our Grangemouth Head Office. The role is to provide clear visibility of the Company expectations, whilst measuring the development of the department. Ensuring tasks are completed on time, with accurate information recorded.
Oversee the Service Administration team and Field Service Engineers. Maintain Mobile Engineers schedules, provide effective communication and planning, ensuring rapid and reliable breakdown service is given, exceeding customers’ expectations.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing a team of controllers, working in a similar customer focussed environment and demonstrate the ability to lead and to communicate with customers and suppliers, at all levels.
Excellent organisational skills and a proactive approach to provide effective results in a fast paced service industry, providing continual improvement.
What part will you play in our team?
- Reporting to the Group Plant Manager, ensure safe practices are followed, deliver management plans, improvement processes and procedures required to ensure safe, quality equipment and services are supplied.
- Maintain H & S compliance and Manage LOLER/PUWER inspection schedules for hire fleet
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Central Service Team including completion of job cards, producing customer billings and supplier warranty claims, ensuring recovery of costs to maximise profitability.
- Minimise costs from suppliers and the requirement of 3rd party external engineers
- Ensure engineers have the correct training, tools and parts necessary to complete tasks, minimising waste and maximising production.
- Develop processes and implement goals to improve the department
- Assist with the Team’s admin tasks, giving support, motivating, measuring and encouraging their development, upskilling where necessary.
- Scheduling service jobs, giving instruction to controllers for effective results in a fast passed service industry, prioritising their workload as required
- Liaise with other Managers to create all round excellent service
- Reinforcing safety training by Manging and performing regular Toolbox Talks, in addition manage risk assessments & method statements.
- Managing the Production of reports available from Company Software as required to report on KPI’s for the Group Plant Manager, daily/weekly/monthly checks.
- Liaising with customers on site as and when required to promote and build our excellent customer relationships
Are you the person for this job?
- The Candidate will above all share our Values and be – Safety-Conscious, Collaborative, Progressive, Dependable and Responsible.
- IT Proficient, Word, Excel, Microsoft
- A track record of delivering successful continuous improvements within a department
- Customer Focused with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a machinery sector, plant, or automotive background desirable, but not essential.
- Team Player with can do attitude, happy to be hands on when required
Please submit your C.V if you think you have the skills and drive to become a Service Manager at Jarvie Plant – where people are and always will be our greatest asset!
As an employer we are committed to equal opportunities and promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.