With over 55 years of trading, Jarvie Plant Group Ltd is a leading independent plant hire Company, with headquarters in Grangemouth and additional depots in Glasgow, Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh, Irvine, Aberdeen, Dundee, Paisley, and Manchester. We offer a wide range of Plant, Temporary Power, Portable Accommodation and Vehicles for Hire.
Due to continuous growth, we have a great opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to join our Grangemouth depot working on new projects and leading the accommodation hire desk team. In this role, you will be expected to estimate costs and budgets for new projects and convert them into hire and sales quotes.
Previous experience of leadership management and working on new projects within the industry is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Analyse reports, PO’s and performance in order to estimate the theoretical time, money, materials, and labour required to deliver and assemble modular buildings and anti-vandal solutions. Compare the actual results to your estimates to identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor projects and ensure remedial action is taken where required. Report delays, incidents, unexpected costs & mishaps, and seek solutions.
- Liaise with the workshop, transport and other departments to establish and agree project times and to monitor progress.
- Liaise with the sales team to ensure the best possible service is provided to customers
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain information on cost and supplies as required.
- Assist with tenders.
- Allocate charges to hire, sale and job order processing to generate invoices. Ensure accuracy to reduce invoice queries.
- Utilise drawings using basic software to support quotes.
- Make site visits and attend customer meetings if required.
What you get
This position comes with a competitive salary based on experience, and benefits such as a pension scheme and company bonus scheme.